Shri Guru Ram Rai Istitute of Medical and Health Sciences
SGRRIM&HS offers M.B.B.S degree. It is a comprehensive medical institute having excellent infrastructure & maintaining high Academic standards.
Affiliation and Recognition
College is affiliated to HNB Garhwal University Srinagr, Srinagar Uttarakhand. It is recognised by Medical Council of India (MCI) and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India vide Notification No. U.12012/119/2004-ME (P-II) dated 24/05/2011. Click here to view Recognition Letter
Intake Capacity : 150
Click here to view Recognition Letter
The candidate should have completed 17 year of age on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
The candidate should have passed in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at 10+2 Intermediate, ISCE, CBSE or any equivalent examination securing a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together. For SC/ST/OBC category candidates, the required percentage in Physics, Chemistry & Biiology taken together is 40%.
Duration of Course
The duration of the course is 4 ½ years study and 1 year internship after passing final year examination.
The course is divided into three phases. Broad outline of each is given below and detailed syllabus can be obtained from University/ College Office.
- 1 year duration consisting of two terms of six months. Subjects covered are Human Anatomy, Physiology including Biophysics, Biochemistry and an introduction to Community Medicine.
- Examination is at the end of 1 year in three subjects (namely Human Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry).
- 1 ½ years duration consisting of three terms of six months each.
- To get into Phase II the student should have passed all three subjects of Phase I.
- Subjects covered in Phase II are Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine including toxicology and Community Medicine teaching is continued. Also clinical subjects of Medicine & Surgery with allied specialities and Obstetrics & Gynaecology are taught concurrently along with hospital postings. Examination is at the end of 1 ½ years of joining second phase and is in the subjects of Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine.
- Continues after the second phase and the duration is further two years consisting of four semesters of six months each.
- The subjects covered are Medicine and Surgery with allied sub specialities, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Community Medicine.
- Even those, who fail in one or all subjects of Phase II can continue in Phase III carrying over the backlog but the candidates should pass in all the Phase II subjects before appearing for the examination in final year subjects (Part II of Phase III).
- Examination in Phase III is in two parts – The first part examination is 1 year after Phase II examinations and is given in three subjects namely Community Medicine, ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) and Ophthalmology. However, those who fail in any of these subject/ subjects can continue their Phase III studies and take further examination to clear the backlog. Final year examination is taken at the end of Phase III in the subjects of Medicine, Surgery and the allied specialities and Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
One has to pass in all subjects before proceeding to do internship of 1 year, at the end of which one is eligible to register as graduate with M.B.B.S degree.